- New ArrivalTilesNordicGrey600mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicGrey300mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicGrey300mm x 300mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicBrown600mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicBrown300mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicBrown300mm x 300mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicBeige600mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicBeige300mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicBeige300mm x 300mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicWhite600mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicWhite300mm x 600mm x 10mm Rectified
- New ArrivalTilesNordicWhite300mm x 300mm x 10mm Rectified
Bringing the experts to life
Porcelain Tiles // Amber
Shop All Porcelain Tiles
Famed for their versatility, porcelain tiles have long been popular among Aussie households and businesses. These gems are impervious to wear and effortlessly adapt to any design.
Don't wait- view our extensive porcelain tile collection today!
What Are Porcelain Tiles?
Porcelain tiles are a type of ceramic tile made from refined clay, fired at higher temperatures than ordinary ceramic tiles. As a result, they are denser, less porous, and highly durable.
Colour options for these tiles are vast, ranging from natural earth tones to vivid hues of almost every colour of the rainbow!
Porcelain tile finishes include
- Grip/External grip
Porcelain tiles are clearly a versatile tiling choice for homes and commercial spaces. But why else should you choose these tiles?
Porcelain has been highly prized for centuries, with exquisite porcelain wares produced in China as early as the 7th century. In Europe, porcelain tiles gained prominence during the Renaissance period. They later became integral to the Art Nouveau and Art Deco movements of the 19th and 20th centuries.
Today, the classic appeal of porcelain tiles continues in modern design. You can use them for floors, walls, countertops, backsplashes, patios, and around pools.
Have questions about Porcelain Tiles? Amber has the answer.
What Sizes of Porcelain Tiles Are Available?
The sizes we carry for square porcelain tiles are
- 100mm x 100mm
- 150mm x 150mm
- 200mm x 200mm
- 230mm x 230mm
- 600mm x 600mm
Our rectangular wall and floor porcelain tile sizes include
- 100mm x 200mm
- 115mm x 670mm
- 145mm x 750mm
- 185mm x 1500mm
- 200mm x 1200mm
What Cuts and Shapes of Porcelain Tiles Are Available?
- Square and rectangular shapes are the most common for porcelain tiles.
- Hexagonal and chevron cuts are possible, depending on the manufacturer.
- Custom shapes and sizes can be cut upon installation to create unique patterns and designs.
- Plank shapes are popular for porcelain tiles that look like wood.
- Interlocking tiles for French and Roman laying patterns are also available at Amber.
Is Porcelain Tile Slippery When Wet?
Polished porcelain tiles can be slippery when wet because of their smooth, glossy finish.
For slip resistance, choose porcelain tiles with textured or grip finishes. These provide traction when wet, making them ideal for bathrooms, kitchens, and around pools.
Is Porcelain Tile Good for Shower Floors?
Porcelain tiles are excellent for shower floors because their low water absorption rate and durability make them resistant to moisture and staining.
For shower safety, textured or grip finish porcelain tiles are fantastic, as they reduce the risk of slipping.
Additionally, porcelain floor tiles in the shower are easy to clean.
For information on how to clean porcelain tiles, Amber has the answer with Amberclean- a mild, pH-neutral tile cleaner.
Do You Want Help Choosing Porcelain Tiles?
Contact Amber today or find your nearest store here to browse our wide selection of expertly crafted porcelain tiles.
With different colours, finishes, sizes, and styles available, Amber has the answer for your perfect porcelain tile.